4.30.2010


This is my friend Emily and I on one of our brutal French Civilization walks. Our class has to walk around Paris while the teacher tells us stuff. Sounds fun right? That's what I thought. But not so much. The professor is always six miles in front of the group and only tells what she has to the two people that can keep up with her. It's so bad that some of the kids pop into the supermarket and get some Heinekens to get it through the walk...and during class people crack open a bottle of cab to make it through. Just to describe how it is.
This is in Lyon :) they have their own Eiffel too. I can't remember if I already posted this. If I did... oops! But it is the same as the top-most section of the Eiffel and they use it as an electrical/satellite hub. So Lyons is basically a mini Paris.
Mom and Catie have deemed this picture "sex-pot" and want me to take it off Facebook. I don't really understand why and I just like to make them mad :) What say you?
One of the girls in my sorority came through Paris on a tour she is taking (she studied in Edinburgh, Scotland) and we threw down the gammas in front of the Eiffel :) We also went to Angelina and while I was waiting for her at the Metro a creepy Moroccan man came up and sat down next to me and asked me if I wanted to get a coffee. When I said no thanks he asked if I wanted a Coke instead. And then he asked me if I wanted to go sit on those benches "just over there." At this point I was calling Ashley to meet her or something... And then she showed up! And then he followed us. So I suddenly needed to go into a souvenir shop to look at something for my mom and he didn't follow us anymore. But I was on the lookout for him for the rest of the day and I firmly believe I successfully avoided being human-trafficked in Marrakech. All in a good day's work right?

That's all for now!!

À tout à l'heure!

2 comments:

  1. HI DOT! I finally caught up with the blogs since I returned from 10 days in Texas for my great niece's wedding. Anyway, thanks for the postcard from Florence and I hope you had a very happy 20th birthday! I'm sorry that your adventures will end soon, but you will be home and Algie misses you terribly. See you soon.
    Love "Auntie" Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dorothy, My computer has been down, so I just now got to read this latest post. Hope you had a wonderful birthday! Did you get to make that trip to Versailles? Loved the pics, as usual. You might want to take that one pic off of Facebook as suggested. Even though it is cute, you sure don't want to attract the wrong kind of people. Glad to hear you were cautious with your stalker. Sounds like you took the right actions. Maybe next time (if there is a next time) I get to visit Paris, you can be my tour guide!!! Look forward to seeing you when you get back to hear all your stories. Love, Auntie M

    ReplyDelete