2.22.2010

Lately

Well, lately a lot has been going on. Besides homework-of course.
Three of us went to an English play near Pont Neuf. The theater was absolutely charming. Basically it was a platform in a tiny basement that looks like a World War II bomb shelter. It was really really cool. The play was called Betrayal by Pinter. It was an interesting story, but it was almost more interesting to watch the old guy in front of us mouth the words to the whole play and then get really angry when the actors didn't deliver a line like he thought they should. Then every once in a while he would swat at the air at a bug that kept flying around. Eventually he killed it by slapping it against his face... ew.
Then later that night, after the play, we had dinner at our apartments then went out to a friend of Alexia's! It was really fun! I got to meet her super sweet boyfriend (hehe :P Alexia) and a couple of her friends that live in Paris. The people I took really enjoyed it, and everyone had fun speaking Franglish :)
I also went to dinner at the Cartier's this week. I got some French speaking in there too. Dr. Cartier had a dinner meeting he had to go to, so he wasn't there. But Geraldine, Vincent, Aliette, and Rianna were there (Rianna family friend who is staying with them while her husband recovers from surgery-I'm pretty sure her name was Rianna! But, unless they were joking she knows karate, and was one of the Vampires in Buffy). We ate genuine fondue! It was really really good. Really really bad for you, I'm sure, as the sauce that was mixed with the cheese was mostly butter. But as Julia Child would say-butter makes it better.



The fondue was a nice mix up as this is my recurring meal- pasta which eggs and tea. Not very nutritious (well, neither is fondue), but it's cheap. A bag of 68 cent pasta lasts about 2 weeks.

Geraldine- Dr. Cartier's daughter was super nice and told me to call her any time. She's on Spring Holiday right now, but I'll try to call her when I get back from London :) More to come on that! She and her boyfriend have been together for 5 years I think, and she wants to go on a double date with me and Paden when he gets here (her boyfriend is half English, so there won't be a language barrier for Padey :)

Well, I suppose that's all for now! Hope you enjoy the pictures!

À tout à l'heure!

No comments:

Post a Comment